Here we are in 2015 and these laws still exist. Some of them may sound crazy but they are real laws. Have fun reading these.
1. Police are allowed to bite a dog if they think it will calm the dog (Ohio).....I wonder why this is never used as often as it should be?
2.Bear wrestling matches are prohibited (Alabama).....this sounds dangerous but exciting at the same time.
3. Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue (Pennsylvania).....I can't tell you how many times I've done this.
4. A motorist with criminal intentions must stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town (Washington)......a full proof plan to catch criminals off guard, I hope it works out for them.
5. A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling (Pennsylvania).....this had to have been made up by a man, anyone else think so?
6. It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church (Alabama).....oh boy, what a trouble maker you are, I bet you're going to hell.
7. It’s against the law for a woman to drive a car in Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag (Virginia).....I bet this was a law by auto insurances as a way to lower the rates if you add your wife to the policy.
8. It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel (Pennsylvania).....I'd be more worried about the cycles syncing up and this house being one big giant estrogen storm.
9. You can be arrested or fined for harassing Bigfoot (Washington).....I bet this law gets broken all the time.
10. It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.(Texas).....don't you touch my mother and stop calling her a cow.
11. A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed (Texas)....another full proof plan to stop crime.
12. You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time (Alabama).....is that an ice cream cone in your back pocket or are you just gay?
13. It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine (Arizona)......sooo, real cocaine is OK?
14. A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month (Arkansas).....this sounds more like a Pennsylvania law.
15. Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool (California).....this just makes so much sense.
16. Throwing missiles at cars is illegal (Colorado).....yes, because that's exactly how they work.
17. It is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on Sunday (Conneticut).....more of a reason you need to have that love cushion on the side.
18. It is considered an offense to shower naked (Florida).....is there any other way?
19. One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth (Illinois)……this obviously happened so often that it had to be turned into a law which is disturbing.
20. Illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds (Idaho)…..it’s a law only to save the lives of many men from being a victim of “I’m overweight because of all that chocolate” abuse.
21. The value of Pi is 3 (Indiana)…..isn’t it 3.14? No, not here, it’s just “3”.
22. The fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire (Iowa)…..Gee, we’re sorry your house burnt down mister but we had to practice before coming, it’s the law and all.
23. Dogs may not molest cars (Kentucy)…..good luck enforcing this one, ugghh, it’s Kentucky for crying out loud.
24. It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol (Louisiana)…..if robbing a bank wasn't enough, now you're going and getting someone all wet. They should rot in prison for that last piece.
25. It’s illegal to take a lion to the movies (Maryland)….people have obviously tried this for why it’s a law, which makes it even more scarier.
26. It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house (Michigan)….Your honor, I was trying to steal the flatscreen TV but there carpet had a raised indent and I fell with the TV landing on my leg, breaking it. I was forced to eat their food and wait for an ambulance to come to someone else’s house like a caged animal.
27. Minors are not allowed to purchase cap pistols, however they may buy shotguns freely (Missourri)…..this seems backwards?
28. Worrying squirrels will not be tolerated (Montana)…..umm, how can you tell if a squirrel is worried?
29. Persons with gonorrhea may not marry (Nebraska)…..ohh come on, that’s an easy cop out.
30. It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs (West Virginia)…..honestly, this makes sense with the state this law is from.
31. Birds have the right of way on all highways (Utah)…..I can see this getting confusing.
32. If there are more than 5 Native Americans on your property you may shoot them (South Dakota)......don't worry about this one, we took their land and reserved a space for them on it, they shouldn't be bothering you anytime soon.
33. A person must be eighteen years old to play a pinball machine (South Carolina)…..yeah, cause you know, that’s only an adult thing to do.
34. Idiots may not vote (New Mexico)……uhh, like the person that came up with this law?
There you have it. Some of the dumbest laws that are still enacted in the United States. Go out and have fun committing some of these.
Author - Scott Kelley
Need to laugh at life's audacities? You've come to the right place here at "The Town Crier". No topic is safe and everything will be mocked.